Today, the average customer is properly educated and fairly savvy. So, whether they are purchasing a food item or they are choosing for electronics, more and more customers are prepared with information and they make a comparison in order to find the best price and the best deal. No customer is interested in sacrificing quality for the price, especially in areas where you simply don’t have to do it.
When it comes to hosting, a lot of consumers are not aware that a better service may be found and used to host a website, blog, web page, and etc. As a matter of fact, most hosting consumers admit how little they pay and they usually think that at price deal they receive every month, it is impossible to find more affordable rates. However, a lot of web hosting consumers will immediately change the hosting company once they learn that there are better hosting packages with fewer charges.
Introduction to Cheap Web Hosting
When it comes to web hosting, cheap hosting is known as the bottom of the barrel. These service providers may be companies or resellers that are specially created around one crucial factor of web hosting and that factor is the price.
Companies that offer cheap web hosting services usually know their customers and their customer base consists of individuals and businesses who have no other concerns but cost and price. Even though these companies typically offer great prices, their hosting packages come with a catch.
One of the common catches is super-low pricing for the first year and a huge jump in price for the year after. Another catch is with expensive applications and add-ons - from having paid-only applications to higher than usual cost for adding new domains or requiring the user to upgrade to access more add-ons, and etc.
The Disadvantages of Using Cheap Hosting Services
Here are some of the disadvantages of using cheap hosting services:
- They promise unlimited bandwidth and storage, which is actually not dedicated but shared server. In other words, your information, data, and storage space are shared with other website owners.
- The cheap hosting companies usually promise to offer fast page load, infallible web security, and 24/7 customer support. This is not always true.
- They are proud to offer quality service at a minimum price. However, the websites that are using shared server usually experience slow traffic and slow traffic speed and performance.
- The cheap hosting servers always experience downtime and they are overloaded. This is a result of insufficient customer and technical support.
- On cheap or shared servers, your website is pretty vulnerable. This means that your website could easily get hacked from cybercriminals and hackers. You can be a victim to a serious damage and that can ruin your online reputation and your business.
- The IP address your website gets may be on a blacklist. This will make things complicated as it will be pretty difficult to send consumers email from your website.
- The cheap servers only support FTP for file transfer. This is insecure, slow, and difficult to sync and manage.
Today, with the rise in domain name registrars making life easy for online business owners, buying a domain name is a walk in the park. Some will not only sell you a domain name but also offer to host your website for you. Where to find registrars to buy a…
The growth of hosting providers is increasing by the day, which goes to show there is some good money to be made in that sector. You do not have to be very skilled to become one. What you do need is to be keen on what will make you stand…
Are you at a point where you want to launch a website and have been advised to get a domain name first but have no idea how to go about it? This article will help shed some light on domain name registration, how to buy them and the benefits of…